[Diy_efi] Bosch transmission controllers and ZF auto boxes

Jon Mitchell indi9xx at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 15:11:15 GMT 2002

I know this may be considered "off topic" but is anyone here an expert on
the Bosch transmission controllers fitted to BMW's with ZF auto boxes??

I am looking for a pinout diagram for the connector of the ZF box and need
to know if that changed from one variant to another (like from one 4HP-22 to
another 4HP-22)

If there is anyone, I also have more questions!

It seems some people are experts on the ZF box, and some are experts on the
brain, but no one seems to know the signalling info for making the box
change gear etc...

TIA

Jon