[Diy_efi] pulling '98 motor

Don Berry donbe at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Sep 18 15:11:28 GMT 2002

Steve, I did a cam and head change on a '99 Camaro last weekend and we
used the bolt holes in the center of the heads above the exhaust ports.
These are threaded VERY deep into the aluminum heads and should be
strong enough if you use long enough bolts. There are actually three
sets - one in the front, the center and a set in the back.=20

Be aware that EVERYTHING on this engine is metric. If your metric tools
don't fit, figure out why because GM sent it out that way.

This will make a killer street motor, especially with the Vortec intake.
I'm planning on using a 6.0L version in my '68 Camaro.

Good luck!
Don