[Diy_efi] WBO2 and engine load question

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Tue Sep 24 15:36:19 GMT 2002

Steve Hutson wrote:

> Last but not least. Take a look at this link
> http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm . They have kits for WBO2
> digital displays. I think they adapt directly to the US WBO2.

Yes Steve, the 5301 display does work with the DIY-WB or the Oz-DIY-WB. It
displays AFR in the range 10.0 through to 25.0. The kit has gone through
a couple of revs and it now comes as two double sided PCBs that are much
easier to construct than the original Jaycar kit Tech Edge once sold. The
changes we have made include superbright LEDs, on-board RS232 output and
silk screened PCBs.

I developed and enhanced the original KC-5300 software to go with the modified
Jaycar kit. The original source code is freely available from the Silicon Chip
web site. I still make the modified HEX file freely available (but not the
source) to whoever asks - on the condition they use it only for their own
individual non-commercial use.

I am working on a new version of the display that will show and log RPM
and a couple of extra analogue channels. This seems to be the most requested
feature for wideband tuning. It hope to have it available in 4 to 6 weeks.

Peter.