[Diy_efi] Bosch L-Jet AFM question...

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 2 03:50:52 GMT 2003

On my AFM there is an adust pot at that could be the 7v you see,

Also on my AFM (Hot wire MAF) the output voltage at idle is
around 1.6v, so your 3.2v seems a bit high,

Just to be sure, the pin outputs you describe below, are these
for the old AFM or the new one MAF (hot wire one) ?

Because if its for the new one then 3.2v is way too high for
normal MAF output at idle and if its the old one then the ECU
will need to log multiply to get the same effective air flow,
either way - I think you will need to retune the maps in your
ECU, especially if the old AFM was a vane type because those
outputs were not always log, some were linear afaik.

rgds

mike