[Diy_efi] Re: Bosch L-Jet AFM question...

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Wed Apr 2 14:36:07 GMT 2003

> For the signal conditioner, I have this:
>
> http://www.splitsec.com/products/datapdfs/PSC1-009.pdf
> [ref pg 2]
>
> Am trying to hook #2 into #1.

I'm really suprised by that product. They state they do elevation
compensation. The problem is that the original ECU ALSO does this
compensation (by using some not stupid tricks). To connect a MAF
to an AFM based ECU one must de-compensate the MAF output, and for
that he/she must know not only the air temperature, but also atmo
pressure. And they don't state any usage of pressure gauges.
Moreover, some cars (like Porsche) use pressure switches mounted
apart the AFM, so they KNOW the atmo pressure.