[Diy_efi] What Injector Is This?

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Apr 2 22:04:22 GMT 2003

Take the MAF out and shoot some brake clean into the sample port.  This
should clean any goo off.

BTW, the 'wire' is made of platinum, so brake clean shouldn't hurt it.

I've used the berryman carb cleaner for that before too.  No probs.

--Perry

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:12:02PM -0600, Joe Mills wrote:
> Justin,
> Yeah, I don't think the guy I bought it from was real hard-core tech savy.
> He was sharp, but because he could, he paid shops in this area to work on
> his car.
> I did the Google search on the number, but came up empty.
> The Pro-M site says that running with a dirty detector wire in the MAF can
> lean the car by as much as 20%.
> They don't go into any detail on how to clean it, other than to say use a
> pipe cleaner.
> Any experience with that?
> Joe

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin