[Diy_efi] Tubocharger

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Wed Apr 9 14:59:25 GMT 2003

I have a new TO4E with internally polished compressor with 62-1
wheel. It was going to be used with another one on a 1000hp EFI
converted big block project we had going.  Project was sold before we
finished it.  Was planning to eBay. We paid $850 for it as jobber
price.  If you're interested, make an offer.  (I can't remember the
A/R off the top of my head...can get that later this evening.)

>I'm looking seriously at buying a single turbo for my 1994 Mustang GT, T4M0
>computer.
>
>I've been snooping around the internet and have seen prices all over.  The
>major purchase is the turbo itself, I will fabricate most everything else.
>
>Is $600-700 a realistic price for a new TO4B or 60-1?  Is there a source
>where you can buy the components and build up at better prices?  The
>"turbo-shops" seem pretty proud of their wares and count on first time
>buyers with no experience...ME!
>
>I did sign up on JYTURBO for a few days but there was so much BS going on in
>the discussion group I wasn't interested in their advice.  They seemed to
>revel in "new guy crucifixion".
>
>I know a couple of you guys are running turbos, any thoughts would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dan Nicoson

Marc J. Reviel