[Diy_efi] Using oil temp for eng temp on ait cooled bikes

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 24 16:46:18 GMT 2003

Hi Sid,

A lot depends on how much oil flows thru the head and how much oil you are
heating up.  I don't have any experience with motorcycles but all of my
experience with air cooled engines shows the head temp to be better than oil
if you can mount the sensor to the bulk of the head, not out on a fin.  I
mounted my sensor right next to one of the studs holding the head on my
engine.

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561