[Diy_efi] Looking for general purpose embedded controller...

Gerard gerard at poboxes.com
Thu Apr 24 16:52:55 GMT 2003

Hi!

I recall something being mentioned recently on this list about a general
purpose embedded controller or at least the plans for one. Anyone recall
something like this?

Just looking to get my embedded development thing started, but really
looking for a nice cheap toy to mess with. I'm looking for something
that has a few RS232 ports, extra I/O lines, with perhaps the ability to
hook up a small LCD panel. Something based on a 16-bit or 32-bit
microprocessor would be nice overkill.

I'm basically after a nice general purpose board to toy with, perhaps
something that can be assembled and doesn't cost a fortune. :)

G.