[Diy_efi] Propane injection (KISS)

Eck, Joel (Houston) Joel.Eck at hp.com
Thu Apr 24 17:29:40 GMT 2003

I would think that exposing the injector to a liquid at those =
temperatures would end up killing it somehow, eventually... but then =
again, i don't know what temperature propane at that pressure is... but =
I would believe you are right, the propane is changing phase in the =
tubing. use tubing that is less capable of transferring heat, then =
insulate it - stainless transfers heat slower than mild steel, and a =
bunch slower than aluminum, you could then maybe coat it in rubber or =
sandwich layers of insulating material... but maybe some other material =
would be better than stainless.=20

the other thing to consider is this, the pressure drops slightly in the =
fuel line when the injector opens, so it may be dropping enough pressure =
to allow the propane to vaporize, rather than allow sufficient heat in =
through the tubing to allow it to phase change.

or maybe more correctly, a combination of both?