[Diy_efi] Re. suck through turbo & injector response

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Thu Apr 24 23:59:26 GMT 2003

Hey Derek,

I saw a similar setup to what you are describing once...it was a shocker. The
problem you described about the volume of air causing delays in deceleration
were very obvious. Another thing you might not have considered are:

1. A huge rpm flare after startup as a vacuum is developed
2. Idle speed oscillations; the original idle speed system probably relies on
a integral-derivative algorithm that won't be well tuned once you make a big
change to inlet volume.
Good luck if you do it!

Jack,

I did some practical experiments on the response of high impedence injectors a
while back. I'm reckon a good approach is to calculate the dead time as
opening time - closing time. Results using fairly old and low flowing Bosch
injectors were:

0.4ms at 14V, 0.448ms at 13.5V, 0.512ms at 13.0V, 0.584ms at 12.5V, 0.672ms at 12.0V,
0.8ms at 11.5V.....Matt