[Diy_efi] Propane injection (KISS)

Ray Drouillard RayLists at quixnet.net
Fri Apr 25 03:16:17 GMT 2003

Commercial propane systems use a fuel pump.

There are several problems with trying to use the tank pressure.

1) If the tank is cooler than the engine compartment, the pressure from the
tank will not keep the propane in a liquid state.

2) Even if that wasn't a problem, you would have calibration problems due to
the wide variation of pressures due to ambient conditions.  In fact, in
extreme arctic conditions, the tank pressure will be about one atmosphere.
In other words, if it's cold enough (we're talking about the arctic circle
in the winter), you can carry liquid propane around in an open bucket.

Ray Drouillard