[Diy_efi] Fuel Tank Modifications

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Wed Dec 31 03:40:11 GMT 2003

I've thought of something like that.  I suppose it's better to have hot fuel
than no fuel...
I stumbled across this today, too.  I don't suppose anyone has this system
in their tank?
http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFP/12-951.html
The description is pretty vague:
"Holley introduces another ingenious solution for fuel starvation problems
for vehicles with non-baffled fuel tanks or off-road vehicles (Jeeps,
trucks, SUVs, etc.). This Holley kit uses multiple fuel pick-up points
within the fuel cell. Using multiple fuel pick-up points within a fuel cell
insures that at least one point will always be covered by fuel. A one-way
check valve prevents any air from being sucked into the fuel system. Can be
used in conjunction with either a mechanical or electric pump."

I can only assume you get all three pieces, and they're somehow hooked
together with flexible line.  That would actually work OK for me IF they'd
fit through the sender hole, on the front face of my tank, and about 3" in
DIA.  If I have to cut a hole in the tank, I may as well fab something up
for less than the $69 (through jegs.com) asking price.
Clair