[Diy_efi] DIY_EFI: WI in exhaust manifold pre-turbo

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 19:09:02 GMT 2003

Ohio,

My egt is about 700° C after the turbo  when cruising at around zero boost
running about 16:1 AFR

Running richer makes it cooler, probably about 650 at 14.7:1, but as the
engine is a heat pump I recon a bit of temperature is a good thing.

I used to find it was quite easy to get temperatures over 900°C when running
about a bar of boost, but again it is very dependant on the AFR I was using.

After fitting Aquamist race water injection running two .7mm jets using
50:50 water methanol I keep temperatures to around 830°C running 1.6 bar
boost.

Engine cc = 3000, twin turbo, intercooled, WI, EGT probe 10" after rear
turbo. Manifolds and downpipes heat wrapped.

Hugh