[Diy_efi] pressure vs flow?

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Tue Feb 4 21:17:00 GMT 2003

> Hello Brian,
>
> Porsche 911 turbo CIS injectors
>
> Opening pressure-30psi
> System pressure- 90psi
> Delivery rate- 160-240 cc/min
>
> Delivery rate controlled by metering slits in the control plunger.
> Height of control plunger determined by airflow Vs control pressure.
> Control pressure manipulated by WUR, O2 frequency valve, etc.
> No duty cycle limitations, just like a garden hose.
>
> Are you looking for delivery rate Vs control pressure?
>
> Paul Saltwick

Thanks.  That mirrors what I've found in my books, but yes, I would like to
know various flow rates per pressure.

Also, I understand they open at 30psi(depending on part number), but am
confused as to operating pressure.  When they reference operating pressure,
is that the regulated pressure from the FPR to the CIS regulator?  Or is
that the pressure at the injector?