[Diy_efi] MGB EFI

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 03:26:32 GMT 2003

In a message dated 2/7/03 10:03:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tmadia at uswest.net writes:

> So I'm guessing the problem with the siamesed intake ports on the MGB is the
>  fact that even port injection is a batch type of injection?  I could
>  certainly physically fit two injectors on each intake but they would have
>  be fired sequentially?  Is that the problem?
>
>  Tyler

There is one possibility that might work with your engine. There was a guy on
the tunercat list that is running port injectors off a 16197427 TBI PCM. This
is not batch fire but alternate fire. So what you would do is wire two port
injectors, one per injector driver. This PCM has two injector drivers. The
injectors would alternately fire once in each siamese port. Hopefully, this
would provide fuel to only one cylinder at a time. Of course, this depends on
the firing order of the engine. You will have to put some more thought into
this though, since its late at night and I can't.

JW