[Diy_efi] MGB EFI

MarkoNTL marko.cosic at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 8 13:14:43 GMT 2003

Why are we trying to convert a a B-Series to Efi? (ignore the following if
the answer is 'for the hell of it!)

The B-Series engine was developed into the O-Series, which was then revised
for front-wheel drive and Efi to the "O2" Series, then further developed to
the M-Series and finally the T-Series. The T-Series is a 2 litre, iron
block/alloy head, twin OHC, 4 valve per cylinder multipoint Efi/electronic
ignition etc, with cat convertor (whether emissions rules come in to play
where you are I don't know), putting out 136bhp in naturally aspirated form
and 200bhp in turbo form. (The former can be taken to ~180bhp before things
start getting silly money, and the turbo so far has been taken to 420bhp,
but definitely in the silly-money territory... www.an-racing.co.uk)

The engine mountings are the same as the B-Series. Its not wholly bolt-in
but is very do-able, and similar size/weight to the B-Series. In the UK
there are several B to O/M/T Series MGB conversions around.

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgoc&p=emg/000802.htm
on MGBs and
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/marko.cosic
on general T-Series to RWD gearbox info. (my interest being stuffing one
into a Land-Rover)

Is this of any interest or have I set off on an irrelevant tangent again...

Marko