[Diy_efi] Spark timing above 1 bar

pr asdf predatordiyefi at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 01:45:47 GMT 2003

I have a '94 corvette with an lt1 engine I am planning on turboing.  The
only problem is that I cannot use a higher than 1 bar map sensor, or the
computer thinks it is at a high altitude on start up, so i was wondering if
anyone knew of a way to use a simple microcontroller with a look up table
hooked up to a 3 bar map sensor and the crank angle sensor to delay the
spark timing above 1 bar, by delaying the signal sent to the coil by a
certain number of milli seconds to create a spark retard.  I would like to
retain the use of the stock computers timing tables below 1 bar, and just be
able to delay it in the high boost regions.  Does any one have any ideas or
suggestions?  thanks

Judson Hartley