[Diy_efi] Intake manifold flow testing

Geddes, Brian J brian.j.geddes at intel.com
Tue Feb 11 19:40:17 GMT 2003

All -=20

In the online community for my car (Mitsu 3000GT), there's a sort of =
tribal knowledge that says certain cyliners tend to get more air than =
others because of the design of the intake manifold, and thus run leaner =
and detonate more frequently.  I don't doubt that this is true...but no =
one's actually ever done any testing to quantify the problem.  Now that =
I'm running a standalone EMS, I can compensate for this airflow =
difference.=20

All I have to do, is figure out how much more/less than average each of =
the runners in the intake manifold tends to get.  Are there companies =
out there that would do this kind of a test?  Is this something I could =
find a local shop to do, or would I need to send my intake plenum out to =
someone to have it tested?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Brian Geddes