[Diy_efi] RE: 18t injector upgrade to more horses

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Feb 12 23:38:29 GMT 2003

Changing the injectors will get you nowhere without drastically changing all
of the motor.

You never clarified whether you are referring to a VW 1.8t, but the assumption
is.

The 1.8t has a decent stock output, but without seriously tearing into the engine,
injectors would do nothing for you.

Like I mentioned before, about the only upgrade you can do is a Split Second
boost controller.  Beyond that it's drivability destroying, MIL lighting, low
horsepower things like cold air intakes.

I have heard too many complaints about cold air intakes on dubs, with little or
no gain.

If you are interesting in a Split Second BCS, contact me directly as I have one
that has no use to me (new).

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin