[Diy_efi] Intake manifold flow testing

Lasse Langwadt Christensen langwadt at ieee.org
Fri Feb 14 16:50:09 GMT 2003

Grant Beaty wrote:
> I've always heard the monentum of the air (there is a lot of velocity going
> thru the TB) causes it to not want to make a 90 degree turn into the first
> cylinder, and instead builds up pressure at the rear of the manifold. Don't
> know how true this is, its just what I've heard on other lists.
>
> Grant Beaty

snip

not too long a goa there was a show about F1 on discovery, and they
showed how a great deal of efford and simultion was put into an air bow
design that would give an even distribution of air to the cylinders and
not just ram it into those furthest back

and I've heard that on some rallycross cars with right manifold
design they can use as much as ½ a bar more boost before getting
it problems with detonation. I assume, without knowing, that' got
to do with getting an even mixture on all cylinders,

-Lasse