[Diy_efi] schematic critique

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Mon Feb 17 22:48:39 GMT 2003

J,
    The following are basic circuit comments, I have not looked at it
from a functional point of view.

1. Schematic 1 requires another protection diode on the relay drive
(Anode to GND, Cathode to signal) to prevent the negative spike (when
the relay is released from blowing the opamp.

2. Schematic 2 :
a. Comment 1 applies.
b. series resistor reqd between opamp and transistor base
c. Transistor collector should go to +ve supply, Emitter should go to
the relay coil.

Regards
Bill