[Diy_efi] Harley EFI problem

Rob Elder artengn at best1.net
Thu Feb 20 15:06:42 GMT 2003

I know that this is not a Harley list, but you guys have tons of expertise
and the Harley world has virtually none. Late model Harley-Davidsons uses a
Delphi speed-density direct port injection system. We have a bike that
exhibits the following symptoms:

-EFI has never started the first time when cold. -It always starts the
second try.
-Crank it a few times then turn the switches off and recycle them on and
the bike fires right up.
-No stored error codes.
-Bike always starts right up when warm or hot on first try.

This is not normal behavior. Typically, a Harley EFI bike will fire on
first revoluton every time. Please venture an opinion as to where to start
or what it might be? Thank you very much.

/r

'79FXE '02FXSTDI   ...o&^o
bugs in my teeth, holes in my shoes
a busted third gear