[Diy_efi] Ultrasonic Injector - by Eaton/Bosch ?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 22 00:49:45 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:51:02PM +0000, Mike wrote:

> At 03:36 PM 21/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> >The piezo injector exist! I saw it! I work with them too (buiding
> >the electronic driver control unit)
> >Siemens is the first manufacturer who built piezo injector (for
> >Diesel Common rail system, or possibly Gasoline Direct
> >Injection). French Peugeot and Citroen cars are equiped with
> >them. The New Ford Fiesta too and a lot of other Ford cars...
> >Bosh works on this technology too (I imagine Dephi too, and Sagem
> >tried too) but they are not on the market today...

> Well well - how about that ?

> Any chance there is a picture about on the net, any idea of a
> part number, costs. Which year/model Ford Fiesta as I might
> try to track that down re local wreckers...

Fat chance! European Fiesta never made it into Oz. I doubt that the
new one will either, given the market slice allocated to Kia and
Ford-badged siblings.

Ford and GM have a unique concept of "world car", giving different
cars the same name.... e.g. Nissan Pulsar and Toyota Corolla given
the same name as a real GM product in Europe.