[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

gngrbrd_man keith.wilson at telus.net
Wed Feb 26 03:09:56 GMT 2003

I know little about this system, but given that you've (IMHO quite
correctly) established that you can't cut the injectors, can you cut the
nitrous?  If both the nitrous an the fuel solenoids are powered from a
single twelve volt line, and then you wired that +12 supply through all of
the "injector cut switches" in series, would you not create a (admittedly
VERY) crude PWM controller?  That is, if it's cutting one cylinder, no
nitrous for that cycle, but if it's cutting 4 cylinders, those overlapping
cuts should cause a lower nitrous duty cycle.  Just a really quick thought.

Keith

You know you've achieved perfection in design,
not when you have nothing more to add,
but when you have nothing more to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery