[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

Scott F. Williams sfwilliams at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 23:54:11 GMT 2003

> The Subaru Worx (WRX) cars are US $750K each.  Saw that while
> watching SCCA pro rally.
> --Perry

Yah, except the "worx" cars are actually "works" cars and those are not the
WRX (which stands for "World Rally AWD". :^) You can buy a WRX at your local
dealership for about $23k.

Anyway, the WRC-spec variants prepared by Prodrive, a U.K. motorsports
engineering and team management firm: <http://www.prodrive.co.uk/> The
Subaru Rally Team USA cars competing in the ProRally series (also built by
Prodrive) are *very* mild versions of what they slide through the woods
across the pond. Nobody divulges how much they really cost, but I doubt that
they're more more than $250k. What a bargain!

Now, to keep this on topic:
They lack the active differentials, suspensions, and insane management
systems that the WRC cars have. Ironically, however, they may make more
power because the turbo restrictor rules are more liberal here. -gotta love
the Yankee approach. Bigger *is* better. :^)

Wow, finally a subject on which I can school you rocket scientists. ;^)
--
Scott F. Williams
Team Director