[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

Axel Rietschin axel_rietschin at compuserve.com
Fri Feb 28 03:11:36 GMT 2003

From: "The McConnell's" <karlandanne at sympatico.ca>

> um, i dont think a WRC is worth a million dollars, more in the
neighbourhood
> of 15 grand US, i believe WRC refers to a Subaru impreza WRC

Well, you might want to think again. A 2002-spec Impreza WRC from Prodrive
costs GBP 330'000 with zero spares, which equals to about USD 521'000. OK,
still not litterally a million but close enough for this discussion. Also
note that the running costs of one such car are in order of GBP 200 (USD
315) per competitive mile in spares only, so counting about ~300 competitive
km per race (~190 miles) and 14 race/year you's need to add about USD
837'000 to rebuild the car over the season, for a total of about USD
1'358'000 for the year provided you never crash it.

Also 2001 Ford Focus RS WRC from M-Sport costs GBP 400'000 (USD 631'000)
with a minimal spare package, I don't know the price of the 2002-spec
version.

--Axel