[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 4 02:50:31 GMT 2003

From: "Ohio Benz" <ohiobenz at yahoo.com>

>  [...] With WI
> into the intake - there are some formulas/% that I can
> use to get jet size & flow rates/min. So what are %
> etc for this type setup.

As little as needed to achieve the desired result, but typically between 10
and a maximum of 50% of fuel mass. You may also want to consider where in
the induction system you want to inject the water. I'd say as early as
possible to guarantee a good distribution accross cylinders, and at the same
time as late as possible to avoid too much evaporation before the charge
enters the cylinders - the water taking much less space in liquid form - but
there is many different opinions on the subject. I guess the list archives
contains plenty of information on this topic.

hth,
Axel