[Diy_efi] Oxygen Sensor Location

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 9 15:34:54 GMT 2003

Conventional wisdom seems to be after,

I 'guess' for these reasons:-

a.	Exhaust temp is cooler, less chance of cooking the sensor
b.	Better mix as you put it
c.	Safer, because if it breaks it wont damage a turbine blade(s)
	due to 'bits coming off'.
d.	More likely to see the average of all cylinders after the
	turbo then before - unless you have a long common pipe
	before turbo inlet which doesnt seem to be popular.
	ie. they join very close to the turbine inlet, so there
	would be more mounting constraint before turbo.
e.	More ascetic after turbo and given mostly short cables,
	might be les of a connector heatsoak problem if below
	turbo then sitting above it.

Of course you could always put one per chamber and see what happens,
but be sure to follow pristine experimental methods and interpretation
by consultative management,

*grin*

mike