[Diy_efi] GM 1227747 for a '82 BMW 323i (CIS->EFI)?

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Thu Jan 9 22:19:08 GMT 2003

Hi!
My nephew is asking me to help him to adapt a EFI system to his 1982 BMW 323i
with an aged K-Jetronic CIS.
Any ideas about using the commonly adapted 1227747 ecu ? Are the table ranges
suited for a engine like this , for example the RPM range? (yes, my nephew
commonly redlines his car....). For what I've seen in examples, the 747 goes
up to 3200RPM in the fuel tables and 3600 in the spark tables.
Is there another ECU adaptable for such project?, I mean used in commonly
available cars/trucks?. Megasquirt or a custom EFI built by myself are out of
the question (this kid doesen't trust anything that's built 100% by me... it
must have been my homemade PCBs that maybe scared him ;).
Then there's the question of the injector placement....
Ideas? comments?

Thanks!

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.
Socio director, Gerente Proyectos Especiales