[Diy_efi] Diy_efi Digest, Vol 1, Issue 524

Tlsalt at aol.com Tlsalt at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 11:38:25 GMT 2003

Axel wrote,

Here you can see the actuation motor and its electrical connection:

http://www.mader-racing.com/Pages/0029.jpg

Of course, there _is_ also a wastegate on this picture, maybe the engine I
saw was a "museum special" or there is just a hole in my memory?

Hello Axel,

Interesting photo, but not what was used by Brabham in the 1980's. You can
see the mechanical throttle and the wastegate in Henry's "The Turbo Era" and
the internal/external engine parts in Norbye's "BMW".  I don't think anyone
had "drive by wire" in a race car in 1983.  The intake manifold and injector
pump location are also different, perhaps this is a later low boost version.
In 2001, Roche claimed +1400 horsepower from the BMW 1.5 liter version at
5.6 bar absolute boost.

Paul