[Diy_efi] Out of the blue high idle

TomQ zippy at tomquinn.com
Wed Jul 2 06:52:14 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have been running a GM '747 TBI system on my motor (4.2L I6) now for about
two years and it has worked great with no problems at all. All of a sudden a
few days ago when I started it up it started to idle way up at around 2500
instead of 800. First thing I thought was maybe there is a leak in the
intake somewhere. I looked it over the intake trac but didn't see anything
with holes or cracks in it. I did replace two intake caps that looked
questionable but that did not fix the problem. I am now getting an error 21,
throttle position sensor too high. I am looking for advice on how I should
start to tackle this problem.

TomQ