[Diy_efi] Out of the blue high idle

TomQ zippy at tomquinn.com
Thu Jul 3 22:40:40 GMT 2003

Thanks for the advice Joe! I tried the "plug small port in the top of the
throttle
body that feeds the IAC valve passage". That is it. The idle came way down
right away. I cleaned the snot out of the passage way but it still is open.
I then pulled the valve out a little so it plugs the hole. It did and the
idle was down around 600. I then kept revving the motor up and down and the
idle slowly crept up. I stopped at 1200 rpm. I am going to take a look at my
program to make sure the idle is correctly stated. Any way can take some
volt measurements to see if the valve is being "told" to open more then it
should?

-TomQ