[Diy_efi] alpha-n

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Thu Jul 3 23:16:22 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 11:56:32PM +0100, bill SHURVINTON wrote:
> They've also gone returnless on the fuel rails now. When there is no gas in
> the system it really looks as if it will never work.

You mean, if the rail gets air in it?

> I'm going to have some fun with the motorised secondaries as well when my
> delivery of round tuits comes along.

Heh, I got a CBR F4 instrument panel for $20 on ebay, beatup of course, but the
electronics are still good.  Uses a 93xx eeprom.  Gonna see what I can do to
reset the milage and use it on my BEC.  Has a funny connector, but seems that
most of the pins are for the lamps.  It has an ASIC that step drives that gauges,
LCD, and gas idiot light.  All of the signal lamps are routed to the connector
directly and connected in the conventional fashion to the blinkers, neutral,
and oil light.  Thing is super lightweight too.  Probably a lot ligher than
an F3 gauge cluster, but nearly identical in layout.  Luckily the F4 has the
same redline as the F3 on the tach, so I don't have to futz with it.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin