[Diy_efi] PC-laptop based efi

Matthew Richard Friesen mrf430 at mail.usask.ca
Mon Jul 7 06:53:03 GMT 2003

> The way I would suggest going about this is the divide and conquer
> method.  Build a few independent modules that do all the timing-critical
> functions such as spark timing and injection events (after all, you'd
> want this beast to be full sequential I'd imagine.)  These sub-systems
> wouldn't need to know anything about enrichment stragies or maps of any
> kind, let those higher level decisions happen at the CPU level where
> they are not as time critial.

This is exactly the idea that i am going for. Have "stupid" modules that each
do their little part, and have the pc telling them when they need to change. I
must admit though that i am beginning think maybe it would be easier to start
with the megasquirt, (probably the AVR, i'm not too fond of assembly, and i do
have some experience in c ) and "adjust" it to my needs(wants). (Ahh.. the
burdens of facing hard reality). Can the megasquirt handle sequetial
injection? (if not, i might as well just hack a GM TBI, for all the trouble)
If not how difficult would it likely be to add?

Thanks for everyone's input, i hope you are all enjoying discussing this as
much as i am.

-Matt