[Diy_efi] Re: "bubbles"

Phil Lamovie phil at injec.com
Mon Jul 7 16:23:18 GMT 2003

Stewart,

> ALWAYS had air bubbles in it...<

It is most likely that the bubbles observed were petrol vapor.

All that is required is a pressure drop after some orifice size increase

allowed for a momentary drop in pressure.

Unfortunately if there is a continuous decline in pressure, from
that point on it will be impossible to "recondense" the vapor as fuel.

>From what you wrote the fuel return to the inlet of the pump was a
negative gradient winner.

Years ago I was asked to assist in the analysis of a Granted US Patent
that calculated the time required for the "air bubbles" in an LPG
injection
system to "dissipate" based on the fuel temp and the pressure.

After I submitted my one word appraisal there was some discussion
about my fee.

Oh, in case your interested the word was "crap"

Phil