[Diy_efi] Venturi effect crankcase breather

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 07:00:16 GMT 2003

--- Joe Lutz <joeelutz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> the main reason is because the vacuum helps to
> evacuate residual mass from the ring lands that
> would otherwise dilute the fresh charge.

Now correct me if I am wrong here, but wouldn't that
A) be extremely minimal, considering the amount of
intake charge compared to residual mass, and B) be
contained mostly along the boundary layer, thus not
only not impeding combustion, but actually allowing
for increased fuel efficiency due to less unburned HC?

> Oops, did I say that out loud?

Don't worry, we won't tell.  ;)

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |