[Diy_efi] Venturi effect crankcase breather

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Wed Jul 9 18:49:21 GMT 2003

Has anyone ever seen something get vacuum packed?? The air is at a higher
pressure than the crankcase so the bubbles come to the surface and out the pipe
through the scavenge stage of a dry sump pump perhaps?? If the oil is forcefully
folded over and compressed slightly wouldn't the air in the oil be at a higher
pressure than the crankcase?? If that were true and it seems logical then the
lower the pressure in the crankcase the faster the air comes out of the oil..
Dave

clay0052 wrote:
<Major snip>
 3)Entrained air. This is what most people are referring to