[Diy_efi] Lucas Digital-P

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 10 01:51:03 GMT 2003

Bruce,

We're discussing extra injectors over on the jyturbo forum.  You know
electronics.  If we want to add a second injector for each cylinder (Ford
EEC) can we get away with just wiring one in parallel?  Will the transistor
handle the extra load?  Will we change the voltage too much so that it won't
open either injector?

My understanding is that the Ford EEC takes the injector circuit to ground
to complete that circuit and activate the injector.)

If we can't do that the simple way, is there a simple circuit that would
just use the stock signal and provide the current-voltage for the second
injector and give us the same pulse width?  (If we get fancy we'd like to be
able to twist a trim pot to get a set percentage of the EEC generated pulse
width).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan Nicoson