[Diy_efi] VAF MAF

Dave Hall dave at ostat.com
Thu Jul 10 05:03:09 GMT 2003

Anyone had any success lately with the substitution of the signals from
a type one VAF (l jetronic type, voltage positive logarithmic to flow)
with a MAF?

I'm about to do this project, I realise that you have to do the
following - transfer MAF response from linear to logarithmic, add
overshoot to compensate for the flap spring overswing (otherwise no
"accelerator pump"), and bias the signal with a ptc temperature sensor.

Any success stories, info, etc?

Dave

 Geonautics International Pty Ltd
 27 Balaclava Street Woolloongabba
 Queensland 4102 AUSTRALIA
 Tel:  + 61 7 38917800                             Mobile: 0413343423
 Fax: + 61 7 38917811                           davidh at geonautics.com