[Diy_efi] fuel injection in basic

andrius tiknius atiknius at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 10:19:15 GMT 2003

It makes sense, that all advantages from efi are:
1)leaning at closed loop with lambda;2)Some pump
economy while sequence injection doesnt need that much
pressure; and....thats it? Mean - all economy and
ecology stuff, but for perfomance it doesnot matter
much, does it? If I drive hard mechanical k-jet and
newer l-jet or efi,there is not much difference in
driveability and power, but at high loads these
airflow wires gets confused with back blows, lambda
appears too slow....Only with ignition-I agree, it
should be more accurate than vaccum or mechanical
bosh"balls" controled, and it should be tunable
electronicaly, but fuel - isnt it enough to not go too
lean.Milfords k-star for k-jetronic, what it can do at
this fully mechanical device? Only regulate ignition
and enrich fuel thrue cold start injector, at WOT -
thats it...how else it could increase power if not
making a/f ritch? In general for better operation, is
it better to manage totaly central or make couple
paralel systems, whitch are connected, but still can
work independantly?