[Diy_efi] 4L80E into 6.2 diesel application

Eric Deslauriers eric.deslauriers at oracle.com
Tue Jul 15 03:30:14 GMT 2003

They came with 4.56s back then - when the speed limit was 55.  And with 255
ft/lbs peak stock, the stumps are pretty darn tiny. LOL

She does 55 just fine - on the flats. But at 10mpg w/ my foot on the floor,
a leaking throttle shaft, a hosed pump, & worn out timing chain, who am I to
complain? For reference, some other fellow gets 16mpg with his (same model,
year, etc.). How's that for an early 80s class A MH? My last '86 gasser got
7 on a GOOOOD day and more likely 5-6.

A gear change may be in order, but tranny or turbo first, next one second.
Then we'll see if I need gears.

I figure it's better to go OD than 3.07ish or 3:21ish (think it's a corp 14,
not sure, could be D70) since the hills are long and steep around here & I
tow a car.

Eric D
Porltand, OR