[Diy_efi] 4L80E into 6.2 diesel application

Eric Deslauriers eric.deslauriers at oracle.com
Tue Jul 15 18:47:20 GMT 2003

Wouldn't the PCM want more info than the TCM?

Pirating the TCU (TCM, whatever) is exactly what I have in mind after a
little homework. My sw didn't allow me to locate the ISS, OSS, or DRAC. I'm
hoping they're on the trans.

Looking at a '92 C2500 wiring diagram for the TCM, this is what I think I
need:

Need
=======
wiring harness
Barometric press. sensor
TPS
Engine speed sensor
Input Speed Sensor <--what is this? Is it part of the trans?
Output Speed Sensor <--what is this? Is it part of the trans?
VSS Buffer [DRAC] <--what is this? Is it part of the trans?
ALDL connector for seperate interface from existing ALDL connector
RWAL diode MOD <--what is this?
Rear wheel anti-lock, perhaps? ignorable?
cold advance solenoid

Parts I already have on my 83 motorhome I can reuse
-------
NOTE: the 3 following seem to be on their own circuit anyways. Right?
..fast idle sol
..fast idle temp sw
..water in fuel sensor

NO need
--------
Fuel relay [could use]
fuel pump [could use, already have aftermarket]
fuel heater

Eric