[Diy_efi] 4L80E into 6.2 diesel application

Eric Deslauriers eric.deslauriers at oracle.com
Wed Jul 16 01:06:30 GMT 2003

Perry,

'Cause I can yard the parts out for about $100, it'll be fun, and I'll feel
like a man when I'm done.
But if you feel that strongly about it, please send a money order in the
amount of $1752.00 to Eric Deslauriers (I aslo accept PayPal)... Might as
well get all the geegaws on the Compushift kit.

FYI - no transmission included. Jet wants over $4,000 for the trans/brain
combo.

Last I checked, while I made a goodly sum during work hours, no one's paying
me when I'm at home watching Married with Children reruns. So I might as
well use that grey pulp that earns my living to save a some $$ so I can buy
more stuff to do more stuff to. :)

Besides, it's at least $1100 in junk (up to about $1800, NOT INCLUDING
TRANS) to get it all done.
Here are other alternatives, all of which require the newer wiring harness
in the trans ($100 upgrade by itself)
 - TCI
     --> Appx $1000 when done
 - Compushift (the one I'd spend my money on)
     --> Appx $1150 when done
   Art Carr uses this one
 - FelPro
     --> Appx $1000 when done
   Art Carr uses this one
 - Autotransinc's ePlace
   No longer for sale, check next spring
 - TransGo's fully manual mods to the 4L80E. Be a good intermediate step
while I cobble the rest of it together if it's readily reversible.

Compushift has the VSS to cable converter I'll likely use ($234). That or
AutoTransinc's tailshaft for about $195.

I think I like the tailshaft idea better. One less thing to worry about. :)

Eric