[Diy_efi] injector placement question

Waterline waterline at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 1 00:27:33 GMT 2003

.....new to this so feel free to laugh at the stupid questions.

I'm planning on injecting a straight 6 cylinder motor (3.3 litre
202cui).  At the moment the engine has triple 45mm SU carbies on a
manifold with 150mm long straight runners and it then goes into a head
which has three inlet ports which split off to two seperate ports inside
the head.

I am going to make three throttle bodies to fit this manifold but I'm
wondering about the best positioning for the injectors.  I could build
the throttle bodies with a place for the injectors just behind the
throttle plates or I could weld a lug onto the top of each runner on the
manifold and mount the injectors closer to the ports.  Given that this
thing will be good for only about 270hp at 6500 what is the best way to
go for my application?

Also because each injector is effectively feeding two cylinders are
there any special considerations I need to make there.  I'm thinking
pulse timing etc.

Do all the common aftermarket computers cope with the type of setup I'm
suggesting?  I was thinking Haltech or Wolf3d at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Dene.