[Diy_efi]

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Fri Mar 7 04:30:12 GMT 2003

Hey all,

Alexei,

> For the moment no precisions have been disclosed about the
> implementation

What u want to know...i'm happy to put up info. I put up the main program to
the kit page...the rest once I have time to organise the pages properly.

As an overview, the kit uses two Motorola CPU12s. Each has 8 timers. Chip 1
uses timers 1 and 2 as triggering inputs, timer 3 as the coil charge signal to
chip2, and timers 4-8 to individually fire injectors 1 to 5.
Having a seperate output compare timer on each injector is a good thing for
sequential injection with pahsing control.

Chip2 has one input timer for the coil charge (and thus engine speed)
information, four output compare timers for coil signals and three for
injectors 5 to 8.

Each chip has 4 pwm timers as well, which can be configured to run say a
variable intensity lamp, auto-gearbox pressure solenoid, pwm idle speed valve,
boost control valve...whatever.

Also has two fuel pump relay drivers, a wide band sensor heater driver
(stabilise sensor temp) and a tacho output.

Inputs are all the usual temperatures and signals, plus two extra vehicle
speed sensors, two oxygen sensor comparators, two analog auxiliaries (each
chip has 8 AD converters) and wide band sensor voltage.

If u wanna know more...let me know and maybe i can make a faq pdf. Cya...Matt