[Diy_efi] DIY Electronic Boost Controller

Gerard gerard at poboxes.com
Mon Mar 31 07:14:40 GMT 2003

Try http://www.digikey.com and check out the air solenoids along with the
pressure transducers. I've looked their for some in the past and the prices
are right for transducers putting out 0-5V signals, temperature compensated
and in a variety of packages. I had a URL for another company who make
nicely priced control valves.

I've thought of doing a similar thing. I was looking to use 2 control
valves, one of them is a 3 way and the other a standard sort of 2 way valve.
The 2 way would be used to control boost creep, the 3 way then controls max
boost pressure by sending to the bottom of the wastegate or the turbo intake.

Oh yes, when I say "prices are right" for the transducers I am obviously
speaking with reference to the sort of prices you'd pay for the ones for
automotive use (GM MAP sensor 3 bar and the like).

I'd be quite interested in your boost controller when it is done. :)

G.