[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

Dave Williams ronin at aristotle.net
Mon May 5 18:42:36 GMT 2003

arnie wrote:

> It strikes me odd, (actually I find it somewhat amusing) that with the
> amount of emphasis placed on documenting the performance merits
> of WI observed in the testing, in that (NACA) report, there was a
> conspicuous lack of attention/concern  given to the water dilution in
> the oil.

 The boiling point of water is well below the oil temp at cruise
altitude, so any
 water in the crankcase exited as steam from the oil tank.

> It would appear to me, that objectives had been set, and the
> 'correct' conclusions were to be achieved, come hell or high water.  :)

 No, that's "ozone science," not aircraft engineering.

--
===ronin at aristotle.net (Dave Williams)==============================
== waiting, anticipating / for someone to save her soul / well, I ==