[Diy_efi] Looking for MAP sensors

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Thu May 8 07:54:57 GMT 2003

ECMnut at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> How do I contact them, and do they sell to anyone?
> I'd like to experiment with a few of the 3 bar units.
> Thanks,
> Mike V

If you go to the Motorola product selection page and click on the
"shopping cart" icon it will give you a link to the distributors, I
think Newark (www.newark.com) and Arrow (www.arrow.com) are the ones
usually in stock and they sell to anyone (AFAIK.)

There's some interesting parts on that page, such as the MPX5010 which
reads a differential pressure of 0 to 40 inches water column (to a 0-5V
output) for about $10.  Attach one port to the wastegate pressure
sampling tube close to the turbo output, and the other to a port near
the throttle body, now you can datalog the flow drop of your intake
under various loads -- for example.  (Or pressure drop from air filter
to right before throttle body for a NA setup...)

Brian