[Diy_efi] Twin engine VW

cats cats at stack.nl
Wed May 14 10:10:39 GMT 2003

Perry Harrington wrote:

> That reminds me.  The last twin, or was it rear, engine conversion of a scirocco
> I saw was a complete hack.  The rear chassis was severely compromised and the overall
> quality of the hack was dreadful.  I don't recall it being all that high budget,
> almost like a JY hack.
>
> The only problem with twin engine setups in syncronizing them.  This is where it
> gets tricky.  Without a mechanical interconnect or some clever electronics, the
> overall effect is questionable.

As long as the engien doesn't have load correction, synchronisation is
dead easy!
On cabrs the engine level eachother out pretty much by themselves, they
will spread load equally (engines being the same would be helpfull in
this I imagen)

Citroen build a twin engined 2cv in the 60s. Worked very well and
performance of the twin engines was indeed equal to performance of 1
engine with double power.

--

cats @ http://www.cats-citroen.net